Preparation & Warranty
All of our approved used cars undergo thorough preparation to make them presentable to the highest possible showroom standards. Many years of specialist experience with the product, together with an attitude that everyday holds the opportunity to learn fresh things, means that we are confident in saying that a used car from Harbour Cars is the very best value for money.
We strive to make the prices of our pre-owned cars amongst the best in the market but we know the after sales care that is included in that price is what really matters. Every car that we sell undergoes an independent 111 point inspection and comes complete with a comprehensive one year bumper to bumper guarantee unless it is still under guarantee from the manufacturer or unless it is otherwise stated within the vehicle particulars.
The Guarantee product we provide is the best we know of in the market and is proportionate to the investment you are making and the type of cars we sell.
So what is covered?
- One years cover
- The claims limit is £7500 per individual claim.
- The total limit for claims is up to the purchase price of the car.
- Both parts, labour & Vat are covered.
- No excess fee
- One years breakdown cover for Home start, Roadside & Relay to any UK destination
The bumper to bumper guarantee will cover the cost of repairing or replacing any parts of your car that have failed as a result of mechanical or electrical fault, excluding these items;
Spark plugs, HT Leads, filters, wiper blades, tyres, exhausts, catalytic converters (unless the fault is caused by another covered part), batteries, brake discs & pads, brake shoes & drums, clutch friction materials, pipes, hoses, bodywork & glass, inside & outside trim, reflectors, bulbs & light units and communication devices.
We couldn’t find this level of cover by using an insurance middleman so in the event of a fault you won’t need to contact one of them; you just call us. Naturally we would prefer to serve you and deal with the fault ourselves but if distance makes this impractical we will liaise with a repairer more local to you.
Autotechnics are located on the premises adjacent to Harbour Cars and have fully equipped workshops, including the latest diagnostic technology such as the Porsche PIWIS diagnostics system. Autotechnics will deal with your repairs as a matter of priority.
Harbour Cars’ promise to you:
- We provide one years Bumper to Bumper Guarantee on all cars that are not still covered by a manufacturer’s warranty.
- We have rigorously inspected every car that we are offering for sale, remember we own the cars we are selling.
- Following our purchase all of our used vehicles undergo an independent 111 point inspection and test-drive by a qualified technician, with the subsequent rectification of any faults found.
- After detailing to showroom standards all cars are given a Wax Is Dead Next Gen Ceramic Coating to protect the paintwork.
- Any routine service that may be due is done prior to sale.
- Naturally, all of our cars have a sound service history.
- Unless the car has a generous MOT period remaining, a year will be included.
- An HPi check is performed on the car to uncover any ‘hidden’ history.
- Autotechnics will deal with any repairs and services going forward as a priority.
- We strive to provide a quality courtesy vehicle wherever possible.
- We will actively manage any issues with your car at any time after you take delivery wherever you have the work carried out.